departments and programs
vassar offers students a choice of four ways to proceed toward a degree which embodies an education that is personally significant. they are: concentration in a department; an interdepartmental program; a multidisciplinary program; or an individually tailored course of study in the independent program.
- athletics and physical education
- chinese and japanese
- cognitive science
- computer science
- earth science and geography
- french and francophone studies
- german studies
- greek and roman studies
- hispanic studies
- mathematics and statistics
- physics and astronomy
- political science
- psychological science
- russian studies
- interdepartmentalinterdepartmental programs are concentrations in which the concerns of two or more academic departments come together, under the supervision of participating faculty members.
- multidisciplinarymultidisciplinary programs concentrates on a single problem or series of problems that cannot be approached by one discipline alone.
- the independent programavailable to students who wish to elect an interdisciplinary field of concentration that is not provided by one of the regular departments, interdepartmental concentrations, or multidisciplinary programs.
- accelerated and dual degree programs